Welcome to the Outdoor 2014 Season
- Aneta Skurski in the GPSA office will assign middle and box referees for all soccer leagues
- The U12/16 leagues' season will run from May-June
- The senior leagues will pay 3rd week of May - August
GPSA hosts two tournament during the Indoor season:
Lions Den Red Eye Tournament (1st weekend of January) - Senior Tournament
Ernie`s Rock Around the Clock Tournament (1st weekend of May) - Youth Tournament
You will be scheduled according to your availablity on the Arbiter Sports.
If You Cannot Make it to Your Assigned Game
- If you are unable to fulfill an assignment and it is a weekend, or last minute, you are responsible for finding a replacement
- A list of all the other referees registered in Grande Prairie is available by contacting Christine at the GPSA office.
- Your replacement must be your age or older, and must have attained the same level of refereeing (or higher) as yourself.
- If you are unable to make a game during the week, please call the office at least 2 days in advance at 780-513-9525 or email email@example.com
- The office is not open after 4:30pm or on weekends so it is most important you notify us by noon on Friday if it is a weekend game.
How You Get Paid:
Referees are paid once a month. The cut off dates for each month is below. Cheques for the Indoor Season will be mailed unless you have direct deposit. Please contact the GPSA office if you need a direct deposit form or drop off a bank form and Void Cheque. If yoou would like your cheque mailed out to you please send an email with your complete address.
How Much You Get Paid - Indoor 2013-14:
U12 - Middle Ref $17.00U14 - Middle Ref $19U16 - Middle Ref $27Senior - Middle $50Senior - Box $25
GPSA calculates pay based on assignments:
Deposits will be:
1st - last day of the month
15th of next month (Direct Bill)
We operate referee payments as dirrect deposit, if you chose not to use direct deposit your cheque will be available at the earliest possible date not earlier than the 15th at the GPSA office in the Referee Mail pick up box. Please remember there is a cheque process and volunteer members are not always available at our request before the 15th.
. You will be paid based on GPSA's record of assignments. This means referees cannot switch shifts/games without notifying Christine via email so our records are adjusted and proper payment goes out. Aneta`s email is firstname.lastname@example.org
What to Wear:
Referees and Assistant Referees are expected to dress appropriately at all games. Referee jerseys must be worn. Black shorts and socks are required.
What if You Have a Problem?
If you have a serious problem with a coach, player or spectator, it is important that you make note of the situation as soon as you are able to. Put your concerns down in writing, with as much detail as possible, and send it to the GPSA office to Christine`s attentionat your earliest opportunity or email it to email@example.com. GPSA will then be better able to deal with the issue, and get it resolved quickly. GPSA will not tolerate abusive behavior toward referees.
What do you do if you give out a Red Card?
If you give out a red card it is mandatory to fill out the Misconduct Report. After you complete the form email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
League Referee Assignor
Aneta Skurski11319 105 St Grande Prairie, AB T8V 7P1 Phone:780-513-9525 Fax: 780-532-3292email: email@example.com Tournament Assignor:
District Referee Assistant:Ken LoudonPhone: 780-876-4688email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alberta Soccer Association
Referee Registration - to renew license
203, 9440 - 49 St.
Edmonton, AB T6B 2M9