WOW what a start to the 2014-2015 season! The Board would like to give a large warm welcome to all the returning teams and members. We are very excited for what we have in store for you in the near future.
At the start of November GPWSL held a general meeting. Among the agenda items was to elect a new Board of Directors to carry the league into the next season. First of all we would like to take the time to thank all the previous members that served on the GPWSL Board of Directors. Their hard work and efforts does not go unnoticed, and has helped us get to where we are today.
Going into the next season GPWSL’s representative will be as follows:
- Secretary – Charlene Deneyoua (New)
- Treasurer – April Fradsham (Returning)
- Vice President – Cara-Lee Voss – Seiler (New)
- President – Stewart Jackson (New)
With the confirmation of the new board, bylaws and legalities looked after, we have hit the ground running. Already we have had no less than three meetings to list and prioritize old and new items to help organize and provide the best service we can to our league. Among the items that ranked the highest on our priorities were as follow:
- Increase communication between the Board, Team Representative and Players
- Resolve the league Divisions and Scheduling complication by the New Year
- Review and update the GPWSL bylaws and make the bylaw accessible to all members
- Resolve Referee shortages within our league
- Increase the League membership for the 2015-2016 Season
- Organize the general meetings held by GPWSL into an more effective process
- Increase the Team Representative’s roll within the League
- Fulfill our annual obligations to GPSA and audit our finances and conduct an annual review of our agendas and minutes.
All four members of newly elected GPWSL Board of Directors have a lot of experience with our league and are bursting with new and innovated ideas to breathe new air onto our pitches. Each member brings a different perspective and personal feelings of ownership to the well-being of the GPWSL. Feel free to approach us and introduce new ideas you may have and express constructive opinions. We look forward to hearing from you.
Note: The Agenda for the December 15, 2014 general meeting will be available by Friday December 5th 2014. Please check back and download it. Review it with your team representative before the meeting. Please remember that constructive feedback includes thinking about possible solutions.
Attention: Team reps for indoor and outdoor please email firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure you are added
and receive all of the updates.
Don't forget to like us on Facebook, the new Grande Prairie Women's Soccer League page.